Thus says the LORD:
But let him who glories glory in this,
- “Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
- Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
- Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD, exercising
For in these I delight,” says the LORD.
The world's value system says:
- The strong rule the weak.
- The smart rule the strong.
- And everyone is trying to get rich.
All three of those are nothing compared to understanding and knowing God and who He is, and in what he delights!
Literally, that word chaphets means to bend.